Friday, September 23, 2011

My very first blog entry...

Today has not been a good day. I woke up extremely exhausted to start off with. I was supposed to go to a job fair for military spouses, but was too tired to even get up to get ready. So I didn't go. I began, instead, my day with dishes, laundry, and other household chores. Ah, such is the life of a housewife. Not that I regret being one, mind you. After all, it is my choice. I enjoy taking care of our home. But as of late, I haven't had the motivation. I think it's because my depression is taking hold on me, and I haven't been able to kick its butt back. Working on that, though.

This evening, while working on other things around the house, I had a load of laundry going. We live in an apartment with a very small kitchen, yet this is where they saw fit to put our washing machine. We have one of those portable washers, the kind that you attach to the sink with a house and wash your clothes. Now I'm not so much opposed to that idea, just that it's a pain in the butt, and a real inconvenience if you're trying to do other things like, say, oh, dishes, or cook a meal. Then it's a real pain. Nonetheless, I wasn't paying attention, and the sink stopper somehow slipped down into the sink, plugged the drain, and filled the sink with water. Said water managed to flow out onto the kitchen floor, creating a small pond in my kitchen!! UGH!! It took 8 towels to clean up all the mess... thank goodness I was already in the process of doing laundry for the week, otherwise I would've been quite upset. On top of that, my hubby is gone for the night, and don't even get me started on the Navy. I don't have time for that tonight.

Well, first blog, not the greatest I'm sure.. but tonight I'm tired and a little bummed out, perhaps more on that later.

Goodnight fellow bloggers!

1 comment:

  1. Oh sweetheart. I hate that for you. I can relate with the small kitchen though, for sure. Ours is the size of our bathroom. LITERALLY. It is quite sad. I also hate that D has to work tonight. :( I hope that you can get some time with him soon. :) I love you darling - looking forward to your next post. ;)

    ReplyDelete